Sunday, September 15, 2013

"The Harvest Queen"

Harvest Queen Collage
My "Harvest Queen"

It’s HARVEST TIME!  Autumn is just around the corner and the stores and markets are full of beautiful and colorful fruits and vegetables.  Bright sunflower and mums of every fall hue can be found on front porches and I’m even starting to see pumpkins and scarecrows in the neighborhood yards.
In celebration of the end of summer (and the end of my vacation), I treated my daughter and myself to a painting workshop entitled, “The Harvest Queen” offered by my wonderful and inspiring instructor, Shiloh Sophia McCloud with guest instructor, Christine Arylo.  Shiloh offers monthly courses online via LiveStream, so students can attend from the comfort of their own homes.  Women from four continents attended “The Harvest Queen”…and the dedicated women from Australia (aka OZ) tuned in to the class before sunrise.  A special Facebook group was set up so that students could interact and post pictures of their work and progress.
My daughter and I had a great time in my studio, sipping wine as we painted.  Before the class started, we decorated the studio for the occasion with a bouquet of flowers, a basket of fruits and veggies and a few candles.
Harvest Queen Decor
Pre-workshop Studio Decor (top)

YouTube Slideshow Showing My Painting Progress (below)
The morning after the workshop, I spent a few hours working on detail work and finishing the canvas edges.  For now, my "Harvest Queen" is residing in my studio.
My Harvest Queen - 24 x 36"



No comments: